Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] mirror.f4st.host is messin up yay (Read 996 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] mirror.f4st.host is messin up yay

I'm relatively new to Linux, and im not sure what to do when something like this happens.
Code: [Select]
 electron-13.1.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
 Total ( 56/175)                         1213.1 MiB   957 KiB/s 21:39 [#######################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'electron-13.1.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.f4st.host : transfer closed with 22497306 bytes remaining to read
error: failed retrieving file 'electron-13.1.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.selfnet.de : HTTP server doesn't seem to support byte ranges. Cannot resume.
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
error installing repo packages
[octaviomaury@octo3558 ~]$   
it looks like one of my mirrors fucked up and idk what to do
"Makin stupid questions since 2021"

Re: mirror.f4st.host is messin up yay

Reply #1
maybe it's yay crap ,  use normal pacman -Syu, or try another mirror

Reply #2
Hello,

The package "electron" is in "community" repository from Archlinux.
To solve the problem we are unable do anything on our side. (package is from Archlinux repository and the mirror is also some third party one)

I suggest to change the default Archlinux mirror (located at /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist-arch) and try again.
(edit the file as root and comment / uncomment the mirrors you wish to disable / enable) (I believe the first one in the file is the first one which will be used by pacman)

Reply #3
To solve the problem we are unable do anything on our side. (package is from Archlinux repository and the mirror is also some third party one)
Maybe the mirror could at least be moved to the bottom of the mirror list in the archlinux-mirrorlist package, if not even commented out/removed if it is problematic?

Reply #4
if i good remember,  problem with downloading with yay was here in forum  disputed in last weeks, and problem was yay, not mirror...

edit: i checked the file in mirror, file is ok.... -->  yay is probably crap, use trizen instead

maybe you need too remove corrupted files vrom /var/cache/pacman

Reply #5
morganamilo (who is also active in pacman development) left yay and now develops paru, which is kind of a yay rewrite with new features written in Rust, although jguer is still at yay, written in Go.
https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/jjn1c1/paru_v100_and_stepping_away_from_yay/
Haven't seen any problems like those with pakku-git, hopefully it stays that way  :D