Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: shutdown/reboot hangs when nfs has been mounted (Read 3549 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: shutdown/reboot hangs when nfs has been mounted

Reply #60
That's extremely unintuitive to say the least. Poweroff should be... well poweroff. Nice find.

Reply #61
I always just use terminal to reboot or shutdown. Where did you use the dbus-send cmd?

Side note, I just pushed update elogind-suite66 package that cleans up a bit of it, though I doubt it helps in this situation. I updated mount-cgroups to do partly what elogind script was doing.
I used it in yakuake in KDE plasma ::)

Reply #62
As mentioned above, seems to be an elogind issue. I have never tried shutdown from plasma's menu :) . Usually I am in terminal doing w/e so I just do it there

Reply #63
As mentioned above, seems to be an elogind issue. I have never tried shutdown from plasma's menu :) . Usually I am in terminal doing w/e so I just do it there
Sure, I've removed myself from the power group on the suite66 system so that I don't accidentally shutdown from within a plasma session.

But going back to the subject matter of this thread, I had a single time when I powered off my computer from TTY and it wouldn't shut down but hung, so I reinstalled Artix and now powering off worked without hassle. To be sure whether it works all the time I'll devote much more time to testing it.

BTW this time around I had to switch off mount-cgroups as the system wouldn't boot up. I'm suspecting either this option used to be turned off by default or something changed in the way the script was handled by suite66. 

Reply #64
I changed mount-cgroups, though my system doesn't hang nor does it give me an error, odd... I did have it executing a shell script, but I put what the script was doing into the script itself

Edit: Here is the updated script https://termbin.com/q9vr6 I don't see any typo or anything to cause issue.

Edit2: OK vm is now crashing, so Got to figure out what caused it.

Edit3: Ok reverted the change I made, so next scripts update is fine.