Skip to main content
Topic: Is "world-testing" "safe" to enable now? (Read 1413 times) previous topic - next topic

Is "world-testing" "safe" to enable now?

The subject says it all. I know there were warnings/issues with "world-testing" previously.

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Re: Is "world-testing" "safe" to enable now?

Reply #1
We're still in the process of configuring a stable and dependable buildbot. This has nothing to do with the quality of our testing packages themselves, they're very solid and clean and  most of them are already in Arch [extra] and [community]. 

Me, I'm using all testing repos on 3-4 of my boxes without a hiccup, but then again YMMV. If something breaks you can easily rollback and downgrade by disabling testing.

Re: Is "world-testing" "safe" to enable now?

Reply #2
We're still in the process of configuring a stable and dependable buildbot. This has nothing to do with the quality of our testing packages themselves, they're very solid and clean and  most of them are already in Arch [extra] and [community].

Me, I'm using all testing repos on 3-4 of my boxes without a hiccup, but then again YMMV. If something breaks you can easily rollback and downgrade by disabling testing.

Thank you for the reply....it is what I wanted to know. I understand the inherent risks of "testing", but would like to help in some way. ;) 

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.