Skip to main content
Topic: lxappearance not previewing gtk themes? (Read 677 times) previous topic - next topic

lxappearance not previewing gtk themes?

i dont know if this is a arch linux or artix issue but ive had the same going on on both fresh installs.... lxappearance doesnt seem to change gtk themes when previewing but saves them and they work in ie spacefm or firefox but i dont seem to have this problem on gentoo at all, i use no DE just plain old dwm or xmonad as a wm btw and i keep my system tools as minimal as possible so everything i need is installed,maybe im missing a gtk-engine-murrine or some xfce-settings im not sure but i never had that installed previously on any of my boxes i try to keep xfce related stuff out or is this a gtk4 thing that is goin on ....idk maybe someone could help?
Rule 3: Never believe what you are told. Double check.

Re: lxappearance not previewing gtk themes?

Reply #1
I havent used lxappearance for a while but when i last used it it was necessary to adjust lxsetting and openbox settings to get gtx look to be consistent on my wm setup but then i was using openbox and not the ones you mentioned.  Does adjusting openbox sertings help at all in your case?
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #3
eh ill just use lxappearance-gtk3 i guess which works like a charm but still tho why wouldnt it work thanks for all the replies tho guys thanks
Rule 3: Never believe what you are told. Double check.

Reply #4
I hate to quote myself.
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "