Skip to main content
Topic: How to install armtix-s6 on raspberry pi 3B (Read 720 times) previous topic - next topic

How to install armtix-s6 on raspberry pi 3B

I am trying to install armtix-s6 on a Raspberry Pi 3B, by following the Raspberry Pi 4 instructions found here in the Armtix info pages, but it is showing any HDMI output.  (I assume it is not booting).

I am trying to install to the sd card (no USB), and boot directly to the kernel (no u-boot).
I changed the bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb file in the config.txt to the bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dtb for Rpi3B, but little else.

Has anyone successfully booted to an Rpi 3B with armtix?  Are there any other parameters I need to change in config.txt or cmdline.txt?
I do not have an interface to view uart right now, but is there any way the early boot process could log to a file so I can get info/errors?

Re: How to install armtix-s6 on raspberry pi 3B

Reply #1
I think it should be simpler to go uboot way on rpi3. There is a package in ALARM repos which should work on it. If it works on your board, you should be able to boot board as any other using uboot but check if rpi3 requires any additional kernel command line flags
ARMtix