Skip to main content
Topic: KDE meta packages falls behind (Read 263 times) previous topic - next topic

KDE meta packages falls behind

Hi,

I am upgrading my kde laptop and ran into problems.

First there where a few dependencies that could not be resolved due to the rename of kdesdk-kioslaves to extra/kdesdk-kio so I removed two metapackages (kde-applications-meta and kde-sdk-meta) and the upgrade went on fine.

When I tried to reinstall the meta packages I realized that those in the artix repository are out of date on some kde metapacakges and kde-applications-meta has not been updated since December -21. Those are still relying on kdesdk-kioslaves that is now nonexistent in the repository. The same package in arch linux are from June -22 and seems to reflect the package name changes.

Are there any chance that kde meta packages can be synced from Arch linux? My entire family depends on KDE and nowadays mostly in artix, or is there another way to resolve this?

BR
Erik

I take full responsibility of my Linux systems - I just need some help from time to time.

Re: KDE meta packages falls behind

Reply #1
When using Arch Linux repositories you will often see some lag when Arch's packages get updated especially if it contains a large number of packages. Usually when that happens I will compile the package(s) in question locally if I need it right away. (For me it is usually the lib32 versions of the updated lib versions.) Or go back to the original version that was installed before the update. Otherwise one needs to be patient and allow the Artix Linux packages get updated and distributed to the mirrors. The issue from my experience is addressed in a couple of days on average.
One should always use the Artix packages if available as it guarantees that the packages are in sync with the libraries. Mixing Artix and Arch repositories comes with some pain at times with the risk that the fix requires manual intervention.