Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Strange New "Io" Network Connection After Update (Read 1150 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange New "Io" Network Connection After Update

Hi all. After latest networkmanager update I noticed a new connection in my plasma network connections manager.

The connection is labeled "Io" and IPV4 is set to "manual" and the address is 127.0.0.1. When I log on the connection is running along with my standard "Wired Connection", but the "Io" connection shows no traffic. Disconnecting it does not work and it's not possible to delete it either as it just immediately spawns a new Connection.

I'm using Plasma runit

Any ideas here? Thanks

Re: Strange New "Io" Network Connection After Update

Reply #1
lo is the standard UNIX loopback interface for a bunch of system sockets, it is basically needed. The cosmetic "problem" in your case is why it shows up.

It could be that NetworkManager doesn't "get" anymore the way openrc sets up the loopback.
I'll let the more experienced guys give you suggestion on this, i don't have the time to test and not using NM myself, i use dhcpcd/netifrc script.

For the time being, don't worry, it's purely cosmetic. Just ignore it.

Reply #2
there's no place like home (and that's why it shows no traffic)

Reply #3
It's either a new networkmanager feature or a bug ? I suspect bug.
Arch is affected as well, No need for concern. NM is just showing something it used to hide by default.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=283515
The above link includes a workaround if you want it hidden again.

Reply #4
It's either a new networkmanager feature or a bug ? I suspect bug.
Arch is affected as well, No need for concern. NM is just showing something it used to hide by default.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=283515
The above link includes a workaround if you want it hidden again.
Thanks for the info then, mate. Much appreciated