Skip to main content
Topic: More installation trouble (Read 4109 times) previous topic - next topic

More installation trouble

I've tried multiple times to install Artix 10-15-2017 and I get the machine ID failure similar to another post. ( Target out "chroot: failed to run command ‘dbus-uuidgen’: No such file or directory"  )I 've included the output of calamares:     https://ghostbin.com/paste/bhaep

I've tried all the tricks from the other posts nothing seems to work. inxi:[artix@artix ~]$ inxi
Resuming in non X mode: xdpyinfo not found. For package install advice run: inxi --recommends
CPU~Quad core Intel Xeon W3530 (-HT-MCP-) speed~2799 MHz (max) Kernel~4.9.56-1-lts x86_64 Up~1:03 Mem~881.4/12014.7MB HDD~NA(-) Procs~172 Client~Shell inxi~2.3.43 
[artix@artix ~]$

Even tried Manjaro openrc conversion which I think I messed up. Really curious about this. It's not urgent

db

Re: More installation trouble

Reply #1
Have you enabled "world-testing" before starting Calamares?

Reply #3
Boot the iso
open file manager
navigate to /etc/pacman.conf
open with gedit
add
 "[world-testing]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist"
above the world entry
save the file
in a terminal
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -Syy
Now start calamares from the menu

Reply #4
Robin,

Yes. I following this thread "Topic: Lxqt ISO broken " started by you. However you say to  after enabling [World-Testing]" Start from menu" I didn't , I started from command line. Does that matter?  Let me try again....... Same error: 2:26:57 [0]: Installation failed:
12:26:57 [0]: - message: "Boost.Python error in job \"machineid\"."
12:26:57 [0]: - details: "<div><strong>&lt;class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'&gt;</strong></div><div>Command 'dbus-uuidgen --ensure' returned non-zero exit status 127.</div><div>Traceback:</div><div><pre>  File &quot;/usr/lib/calamares/modules/machineid/main.py&quot;, line 64, in run\n    check_target_env_call([&quot;dbus-uuidgen&quot;, &quot;--ensure&quot;])\n\n  File &quot;&lt;string&gt;&quot;, line 2, in &lt;module&gt;\n</pre></div>"
12:26:57 [0]: Calamares will quit when the dialog closes.
12:26:57 [1]: FinishedPage::setUpRestart()

Why can't these be found?error: target not found:
networkmanager-openrc
error: target not found: avahi-openrc
error: target not found: ntp-openrc
error: target not found: bluez-openrc
error: target not found: displaymanager-openrc
error: target not found: artix-sddm-theme
error: target not found: artix-lxqt-presets
error: target not found: alsa-utils-openrc
error: target not found: mkinitcpio-openswap
error: target not found: openrc-settingsd
error: target not found: syslog-ng-openrc
What repository are they from? I can't manually install them either.

db

Reply #5
error: target not found: networkmanager-openrc
error: target not found: avahi-openrc
error: target not found: ntp-openrc
error: target not found: bluez-openrc
error: target not found: displaymanager-openrc
error: target not found: artix-sddm-theme
error: target not found: artix-lxqt-presets
error: target not found: alsa-utils-openrc
error: target not found: mkinitcpio-openswap
error: target not found: openrc-settingsd
error: target not found: syslog-ng-openrc

Those packages are available in artix repo, and I can install them easily on my end so it might be a server issue. Can you take a look the inside of /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist ?

I can't manually install them either.

Can you post the exact error message you got from manually install them?
If I can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Reply #6
[artix@artix ~]$ sudo pacman -S avahi-openrc
warning: avahi-openrc-20170704-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) avahi-openrc-20170704-1

Total Download Size:   0.01 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.01 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

So I seem to have them now. My mirror file below:

##
## Artix Linux repository mirrorlist
## Generated on 2017-10-21
##

# Artix mirrors

Server = http://mirror1.artixlinux.org/repos/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://artix.wheaton.edu/repos/$repo/os/$arch/
Server = http://mirror.strits.dk/artix-linux/repos/$repo/os/$arch
Server = https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/artix-linux/repos/$repo/os/$arch
Server = https://www.uex.dk/public/artix/$repo/os/$arch
  db

Making progress?

Now have this:Boost.Python error in job "bootloader".
<class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'>
Command 'grub-install --target=i386-pc --recheck --force /dev/sdb' returned non-zero exit status 1.
Traceback:
  File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 351, in run
    prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 322, in prepare_bootloader
    install_grub(efi_directory, fw_type)

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 292, in install_grub
    boot_loader["installPath"]])

File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
I noticed the installer has the the usb drive as /dev/ sda and the harddrive as /dev/sdb That is normally reversed.

db

Reply #7
To myself. Was able to install Archbang/Artix just had to fix sda/sdb grub2 install problem.

Something is wrong with installation iso.

db

Reply #8
Archbang is not Artix, I don't understand why would some other distribution's issue be mentioned here.
Archbang recently uses artix repositories to make OpenRC work, but the installer is all archbang.
If I had made archbang install successfully I would have offered help to you, nevertheless, but I couldn't get it to install or be identified correctly by other installations' grub.  Maybe I gave up too early.
With artix I have made several installations that worked first try.  I have not used the new iso.  But I am willing to bet if you install the older one and switch mirrorlists to the new ones as published in the front artixlinux.org page it will work.

Reply #9
The new iso does work you have to enable world-testing repo first and start calamares from a terminal as the error seen is caused by a previous error. it is this error you need so it can be fixed.

This is the error I had yesterday which has now been fixed.

Code: [Select]
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from jenkins.artixlinux.org:55555 : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from freefr.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from 10gbps-io.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from netix.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from kent.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from superb-dca2.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from pilotfiber.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from iweb.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from managedway.dl.sourceforge.net : Failed to connect to managedway.dl.sourceforge.net port 443: No route to host
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from cfhcable.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from svwh.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from versaweb.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from cytranet.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from gigenet.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from excellmedia.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from liquidtelecom.dl.sourceforge.net : SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from phoenixnap.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from superb-sea2.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ayera.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from razaoinfo.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from jaist.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ncu.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from nchc.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from vorboss.dl.sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)

Reply #10
It looks pretty obvious the problem Sourceforge is no longer used it should be removed

Reply #11
I know but for the error it made no difference I tried that but it still didn't work.
The very first error as seen above is also being reported in other forum posts against other packages .....
namely "error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from jenkins.artixlinux.org:55555 : Maximum file size exceeded"
not a sourceforge in sight and the only way to solve it was to rebuild the package.

Reply #12
Did you do sudo pacman -Syy after enabling world-testing to sync the data bases?

Reply #13
Yes I did as my post above says. You must also make sure world-testing repo is above world repo or it won't work.

Reply #14
Robin
Robin0800
[The new iso does work you have to enable world-testing repo first and start calamares from a terminal as the error seen is caused by a previous error. it is this error you need so it can be fixed. quote][/qI know but for the error it made no difference

I tried that but it still didn't work.

The very first error as seen above is also being reported in other forum posts against other packages .....
namely "error: failed retrieving file 'libglade-2.6.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from jenkins.artixlinux.org:55555 : Maximum file size exceeded"
not a sourceforge in sight and the only way to solve it was to rebuild the package.uote]

I did rebuild this package too.

[qDid you do sudo pacman -Syy after enabling world-testing to sync the data bases?uote][/quote]

Yes thanks mandog

I did all (above) and I still couldn't install. It's not a Sourceforge problem even though the new .iso's come with that. I deleted that and used the repo's from the main Artix page and then the pacnew which got me further into the installation but still failed. Now I probably made some errors along the way but..... I have two other systems a laptop and a desktop that installed from the older media without issue and both run great.

My experiment with Archbang was just to see if the repo's worked properly. Pacman.conf worked as expected without messing about. I did have a problem with
(sda-usb) (sdb-hardrive ). Just trying to provide some feeback. I really enjoy Artix and everything being done to make it better.

db