Skip to main content
Topic: libvirtd  (Read 761 times) previous topic - next topic

libvirtd

Hi,

I'm new to the dinit system, never had problems with runit on starting all services for libvirtd as virtlockd and virtlogd.

I installed libvirtd-dinit and enabled it (I can see it started). However, if I want to start a virtual machine, it's complaining about virtdlockd-sock no such file or directory. I can start a virtual machine by starting virtlockd and virtlogd manually, but shouldn't it be started by the dinit service directly? Am I missing something here?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction  :D
------------------------------------
Shame on me, done.... :-[

Re: libvirtd

Reply #1
virtlockd and virtlogd are part of libvirtd-dinit so you can just start them as well like you would with any other service. Looking at how upstream handles their service files, libvirtd depends explictly on virtlockd and virtlogd sockets explictly but not the services themselves. Sockets being used like this are kind of a systemd-only thing though so I suppose maybe we should more tightly couple all of these and require virtlockd and virtlogd to be dependencies on libvirtd.

Reply #2
virtlockd and virtlogd are part of libvirtd-dinit so you can just start them as well like you would with any other service. Looking at how upstream handles their service files, libvirtd depends explictly on virtlockd and virtlogd sockets explictly but not the services themselves. Sockets being used like this are kind of a systemd-only thing though so I suppose maybe we should more tightly couple all of these and require virtlockd and virtlogd to be dependencies on libvirtd.
Thanks for the answer, that's what I actually did, writing a kind of bundle (type = internal, waits-for.d=xyz.d ). I wanted to play a bit with it and on top, I'm quite lazy...  ;) 

Reply #3
Added both virtlockd and virtlogd as depends-on of libvirtd on the service file. The issue should be fixed and libvirt-dinit-20211102-4 should arrive in your mirror the next time it syncs. Apologies for the inconvenience.
now only the dinit guy in artix