Skip to main content
Topic: Images fail to boot (Read 737 times) previous topic - next topic

Images fail to boot

Will keep it short
Dropped latest stable dinit iso to ventoy; booting from there resulted in it erroring out along
Code: [Select]
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock
something
Flashed same iso to bare usb drive (no ventoy); booting it resulted in black screen (no cursor aka not able to switch tty's(it may as well hasn't booted to that stage))
Flashed weekly; same black screen.
Flashed archived (artix-base-dinit-20220123-x86_64.iso); seems to boot fine.

Re: Images fail to boot

Reply #1
You ran the SHA checksums on your downloaded ISO to make sure it's whole, right?

Reply #3
Someone on telegram had a similar issue.

I downloaded artix-base-runit and artix-xfce-runit from the weeklies, checked the sha256sums, moved to Ventoy 1.79, and booted both fine.

There are also stable images from July, which are 6 months newer than your Jan 2022 ISO.  Try getting a fresh/recent ISO.

Reply #4
I downloaded artix-base-runit and artix-xfce-runit from the weeklies, checked the sha256sums, moved to Ventoy 1.79, and booted both fine.
have you tried dinit?

> There are also stable images from July, which are 6 months newer than your Jan 2022 ISO.  Try getting a fresh/recent ISO.
I used the Jan 2022 because the July one didn't boot, as stated in the post.

Reply #5
There are also stable images from July, which are 6 months newer than your Jan 2022 ISO.  Try getting a fresh/recent ISO.
Tried this image in qemu and it booted without problems, no idea why it didn't on my thinkpad T430s

Reply #6
have you tried dinit?

> There are also stable images from July, which are 6 months newer than your Jan 2022 ISO.  Try getting a fresh/recent ISO.
I used the Jan 2022 because the July one didn't boot, as stated in the post.

Tried and was successful with both the base dinit from July and the weekly dinit dated 20220918.  Both  booting to ttry's and ready to install.

Reply #7
I have had the same issue trying to install Artix with Runit. I am installing on bare metal, not into a virtual machine. I am installing onto an SSD and so I have an EFI partition and a root partition on the SSD. I am formatting the root partition with f2fs. The install fails every time unless I use something other than f2fs for the root partition. the bootloader does not recognize the f2fs partition. However, if I use the 20220123 plasma-runit ISO, the bootloader recognizes the f2fs partition and the install works perfectly. But any of the newer ISO's fail every time. Im not sure if this info is helpful, but I hope so!