Skip to main content
Topic: Refreshed logo for Artix (Read 1930 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Refreshed logo for Artix

Reply #15
Look at the Bentley logo, it hasn’t changed since the company was founded. The recognisable brand doesn’t need changing, only failed company tries to attract customers by selling them the same products under a brand new logo.

Artix maintains a high-quality level and has a decent logo.

Reply #16
Artix doesn’t need a new logo and never has. It’s like a Mercedes-Benz logo.

Some people just have closed heads, it could be you ;). Artix logo is OK but IMO it's not dazzling, I grasp it could be so for you & many but in my view it's not that it isn't doable to uplift it in gfx terms.

This is why, FWIW, I hate working with graphic designers and why they break software whenever they get involved.  I most dislike the tone here. 

Just to set this straight.  There are people, not I, who are actually in charge of Artix and they bust their ass to make it work, and they do it for free.  They have settled on this logo after some consideration.  These are facts, not just for "me" or "him" but for ***everyone***.

If you don't like this perfectly functional logo, by all means express you're opinion and frame it as "your" opinion.  Because the REST OF THE TEAM, have settled on this, and your not part of that team.

Reply #17
Can we keep everything under the proper thread?

Reply #18

Some people just have closed heads, it could be you ;). Artix logo is OK but IMO it's not dazzling, I grasp it could be so for you & many but in my view it's not that it isn't doable to uplift it in gfx terms.

This is why, FWIW, I hate working with graphic designers and why they break software whenever they get involved.  I most dislike the tone here.
I can't see why you get so angry if that was just a propostion.

If you don't like this perfectly functional logo, by all means express you're opinion and frame it as "your" opinion.  Because the REST OF THE TEAM, have settled on this, and your not part of that team.
I said that current logo is OK and IMO stands for In My Opinion for a long time, you can read post again and you'll find what I wrote, you appear to have somehow problem reading correctly 'cause it's put clearly. And do by some means find a method to tame your anger, I don't want to be your punching bag, you should like go for a therapy sessions as it turns out, for now for me you're just another frustrate person I met on the interent, what's going to happen next, are you going to kill me?

Reply #19
I don't see any of the new proposals so far as dazzling or more dazzling than current logo. At first I thought you are joking with the first one, I wouldn't like to see it daily on my machine. Fully agreed that we must keep eyes open if something wonderful drops in but it didn't yet.