Skip to main content
Topic: Artix with elogind (Read 1972 times) previous topic - next topic

Artix with elogind

Recently installed Artix to check an "non-systemd Arch". I am impressed with the lxgt-openrc install. Next to test how Gnome does including with KDE apps. In antiX (with debian stable) does well with elogind. Good performance and stability.

At Artix news (2019-03-13) "New elogind in [gremlins]". The systemd-dummy and systemd-libs-dummy packages will be dropped, once the new elogind moves to system. Whats the current update?

Lastly, how well does the rolling-release do?

My background: Arch Linux

Re: Artix with elogind

Reply #1
At Artix news (2019-03-13) "New elogind in [gremlins]". The systemd-dummy and systemd-libs-dummy packages will be dropped, once the new elogind moves to system. Whats the current update?
Dummies were dropped long time ago, things work fine for me.
There are still some programs which requires newer version of systemd libraries than elogind provides (such as cmus)

I use gremlins (testing) repositories and apart from some small problems with library versions (mostly caused by mirror lag) everything is fine.

Reply #2
Though I try avoiding testing, I will install same packages running in my antiX linux, and then close it. Lets hope it has all required apps. I closed community repo, when seeing signature errors and few other conflicts. Briefly tried to fix, but thats not my purpose. Want to see the performance and snappy respond. If it works, will move this general topic to assigned forum.

Reply #3
I've been running on Artix for more than 2 years now. I have 2 production servers running in VM on bare metal and one server/desktop running on a thin client hardware. Honestly I find it way more reliable than Arch.

Reply #4
Got all wanted packages installed including those by AUR. Also usb wifi adapter is working with installed rtl8192eu-linux-driver. Didn't try adapter with kernel 5.3.9 but 4.19.84-1-lts, which I prefer.

Looking at DistroWatch... with more publicity Artix can easily reach top 20. Non-systemd distros becoming popular, such AntiX which has same features as Artix.... even similar name. :)

Would be nice if in Arch forum there is a place for Artix discussion, same as AntiX in MX Linux.

Reply #5
Hello...as per my observation pursuing Arch was a second-grade approach. By forking Arch Linux and removing all the systemd cruft we can be certain that upstream changes won't influence the venture adversely and that systemd won't creep into the parallel bundles.

https://www.7pcb.com/