Skip to main content
Topic: Artix Linux new flavor with i3 Desktop ISO (Read 17853 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artix Linux new flavor with i3 Desktop ISO

Reply #15
Hello everyone, I really like this distro and I want to use it but I have problem this live enviroments seems to stay after installation is complete and I boot from my ssd and mod+return or any i3 key is not working after the installation is complete.Do I need to edit .xinitrc file or somthinf to exit this enviroment with edit config and keybinds and terminal opend?

Reply #16
Hello everyone, I really like this distro and I want to use it but I have problem this live enviroments seems to stay after installation is complete and I boot from my ssd and mod+return or any i3 key is not working after the installation is complete.Do I need to edit .xinitrc file or somthinf to exit this enviroment with edit config and keybinds and terminal opend?

I really do not quite comprehend, how so you face such issues.

In any case the configuration files are in your ~/.config/i3 folder.

Regards

Reply #17
Can you, please, update the iso files for testing?

Reply #18
I hope in a few days that the ISO will move to official release.

I am in the process of making the final one.

Note that the configs have already been added as an extra package already, named artix-i3-presets.

You can install the package and copy them to your ~/.config/ folder, for the time being.

Regards

Reply #19
Hi,
I have installed this on two machines so far and really like it.
However, pcmanfm end up on the browser workspace, and midori on the terminal one.
This might be worth fixing before going official.

Thanks for a great distro!

Reply #20
However, pcmanfm end up on the browser workspace, and midori on the terminal one.

Hi,

The workspace number can be altered to the relative line 98 at the config file in your ~/.config/i3/ directory.

Code: [Select]
assign [class="Pcmanfm"] $ws3

Tilling desktops are highly configurable and we cannot satisfy everyone.

Regards

Reply #22
Adding to my todo, thanks for testing.

I do not agree on that as I easily could also add that to my TODO.

Tilling's can be easily be configured through their config files easily.

We will discuss this further.

Reply #23
Did a quick test using the ISO from July. Awesome work!

Seems having a dbus issue. Could not launch apps which require dbus from cmd line. Have to do , for example

dbus-launch cbatticon 

Not sure if it's been fixed in later update since I was using the live image to test.

Reply #24
Did a quick test using the ISO from July. Awesome work!

Seems having a dbus issue. Could not launch apps which require dbus from cmd line. Have to do , for example

dbus-launch cbatticon 

Not sure if it's been fixed in later update since I was using the live image to test.

Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

dbus runs normally as seen below (installed system):

If not, add the following line at your ~/.xsession file:

exec dbus-launch i3

EDIT: checked the live ISO and dbus runs too:

Regards

Reply #25
I tried to install Artix i3 in VirtualBox but when I restart the system it goes back to the live boot

Reply #26
I tried to install Artix i3 in VirtualBox but when I restart the system it goes back to the live boot

Well, change your VM's boot sequence, so to not boot from the ISO image

Reply #27
Devs, can you update the iso file of i3 version?

Reply #28
I really wanted to try this install, but it looks like it has not been updated in a good while. Is it going to be updated soon?

Reply #29
No, unless @damnwidget who originally had created the i3 profile decides to bring it up to date.

HOWEVER, the beauty of rolling distros is that you can just install an older ISO in a VM and see what happens if you try to update it. Keep our news page open for possible hints, I bet there won't be any insurmountable problems.