Skip to main content
Topic: Thanks for your work (Read 1471 times) previous topic - next topic

Thanks for your work

Hello,

I'm a GNU/Linux user since 1998, have started with S.u.S.E 5.3, then have switched to Debian and Derivats of Unstable Branch, but also have made experiences with Manjaro and Antergos.

Since over a year I've switched to FreeBSD as standard system for my work. There were some reasons but one reason was systemd, PA and other stuff, I don't like.

I like KISS, a few configs to handle the whole operating system - but as user I admit to like also stuff like plasma5 and similar software.

I don't like the assimilation of an operating system by an init-system, if other people have another point of view, I can accept this but if systemd becomes a "must have" nearly in every distribution, and I've no choise to avoid such stuff, I don't want to accept this.

FreeBSD is my standard system now, also for my wife, on our NAS also a FreeBSD is installed with the great zfs filesystem. But for our printserver with turboprint and our HTPC Linux (without systremd) maybe is a better choise.

I've tried artix in a vbox some days ago and I'm excited.

Thanks a lot for your work, I'll give it a try on our HTPC system.

Kind regards,
  Holger

Re: Thanks for your work

Reply #2
Cheers! Please report back with a success story.
Yes, I'll do my best :)
Our HTPC Hardware is an old ThinkPad R 500. And I am sure, I can report a success story,  because my TP R 500 is a Linux and FreeBSD friendly Notebook.
And Artix offers a  current version of kodi.

Re: Thanks for your work

Reply #3
Yes, I'll do my best :)
Our HTPC Hardware is an old ThinkPad R 500. And I am sure, I can report a success story,  because my TP R 500 is a Linux and FreeBSD friendly Notebook.
And Artix offers a  current version of kodi.

So like me your almost their before you install