Skip to main content
Topic: G'day - I dumped Void for Artix a while back, thought I'd come join up over here (Read 3488 times) previous topic - next topic

G'day - I dumped Void for Artix a while back, thought I'd come join up over here

Thanks to all concerned for Artix - which is getting smoother as the days go by.
Big job for the team.
Well done. :)

Nice to see some familiar faces here.  8)

I'll be between houses for sometime, so my furniture, office & most of my tools are in storage, for an unknown time. So my computing life is down to a notebook (a tablet that is helpful for reference sometimes) & some peripherals.

Void had been on the notebook for sometime, BUT it was very difficult for me to get my VPN working with it (couldn't). So I thought I'd see how Artix went (whether it would even install was the first question & many distros don't like this notebook). I installed the LXQt spin via a USB stick with not a problem, wireless worked straight up & everything. :D

I ripped lots out of the initial install (some I don't know how to - LXQt for instance) & basically have an Openbox system running Worker with my little Tint2 up in the right hand side on top of the title bar, as usual. If I had of known better at the time I would have done a base install & built up from there. (It would have been a lot quicker.)

Anyway, I like Arch, I don't like s*****D & all that goes with it. I like my VPN to be easy to use, which it is (download the client GUI from the AUR) with Artix. I'll see how it goes over the coming ~months before I can have my office set up in another home, never know, Artix may push OpenBSD off of my main machine. ;)

Re: G'day - I dumped Void for Artix a while back, thought I'd come join up over here

Reply #1
Nice to see you @handy

Re: G'day - I dumped Void for Artix a while back, thought I'd come join up over here

Reply #2
Thanks Robin, you too. ;)

Nice forum.
I like the software (not Discourse yeh!)
I like the forum theme too, it is excellent. :D

Reply #3
I personally liked Manjaro's discourse forum. This one feels old and clunky. That one was smooth.

Reply #4
My possibly erroneous impression is that Discourse goes great for people that use smart phones & tablets.

Personally, as primarily a desktop/notebook user, I find this kind of "old & clunky" forum so much quicker & easier to navigate & to reference.

Each to there own - no accounting for taste - & all that. ;)

Anyway, as previously stated, I think this forum software & setup is most excellent. :D