Skip to main content
Topic: suite66 fails with oom on armtix (Read 779 times) previous topic - next topic

suite66 fails with oom on armtix

I've tried to make suite66 rootfs for armtix but once i tried it in qemu i saw it failing with oom. The rootfs was created using commands:
Code: [Select]
basestrap suite66 base haveged wpa_supplicant openssh ntp linux-aarch64 linux-aarch64-headers sudo nano btrfs-progs dosfstools f2fs-tools reiserfsprogs xfsprogs elogind-suite66 dhcpcd-suite66 haveged-suite66 wpa_supplicant-suite66 openssh-suite66 ntp-suite66
66-enable -t default sshd
66-enable -t default dhcpcd
The log was obtained with VERBOSITY=6, no other changes were done. Any ideas how to fix it?
S6 rootfs works fine, so it should be suite66-specific problem
ARMtix

Re: suite66 fails with oom on armtix

Reply #1
I wouldn't know how to fix this nor do I have any ARM system to even try to debug this. Just as it stands, sounds like it needs more memory to startup vs something like s6

Reply #2
suite66 does implement its own /sbin/init that differs from s6-linux-init. I suppose that's likely the culprit here.

Reply #5
Presumably, 66-boot does something that triggers this. Well I guess that something is "execl-envfile". Maybe it can get a buffer overflow or something.