Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: suite66-scripts-1.7.1.4-1 fails to boot the system (Read 733 times) previous topic - next topic

suite66-scripts-1.7.1.4-1 fails to boot the system

mount cgroups crashed.

Downgraded to suite66-scripts-1.7.1.3-2 fixed the issue.

Re: suite66-scripts-1.7.1.4-1 fails to boot the system

Reply #1
mount cgroups crashed.

Downgraded to suite66-scripts-1.7.1.3-2 fixed the issue.
I have fixed it in version 1.7.1.4-2 :) There was bad execlineb script, which I realize why now. Though I will redo a bit what I did previously but with a fix to the issue. I eliminated running a shell script to do cgroups stuff, but turned out to be a bit wrong. For now, went back to using the script in the meantime

Reply #2
@mattz7 I just pushed 1.7.1.5 of suite66-scripts in gremlins with an added mount-nfs, so it will unmount during shutdown. Can you install update and update iwd and remove the [stop] block and 66-enable -F iwd and 66-enable -t -F boot@system ; may take two reboots to see if it works as intended.

Reply #3
@ndowens I will get around to doing this later. I have to install the s66 flavor of Artix anew as I went back to using OpenRC on all of my installations :P To  be honest, unmounting nfs while shutting down worked on and off so I just decided to use whatever was the most stable for me.

Reply #4
@ndowens I will get around to doing this later. I have to install the s66 flavor of Artix anew as I went back to using OpenRC on all of my installations :P To  be honest, unmounting nfs while shutting down worked on and off so I just decided to use whatever was the most stable for me.
I am hoping this will be more stable way to do it. It happens sometime before processes get TERM and KILL signal

Reply #5
OK, so I checked it. Now shutdown hangs on the following messages (see the picture attached).
Powering off without an nfs share being mounted goes well.

EDIT: I'll boot up the system once again and check it a second time.
EDIT2: The same thing happened. Only now mount-pts was reordered and appeared earlier in the message.

Reply #6
Well darn. Was thinking that would solve it