Skip to main content
Topic: New year iso release (Read 4121 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New year iso release

Reply #1
Thanks Artoo!

db

Reply #2
Except for the hustle to edit mirrolists is there a structural core system difference (not desktop related) from the first lxqt.iso?
I used the second one (10/2017) on one install and it did some weird things, like making the first user 1003 and when I tried to create a second user it went to 1006.   Editing /home from a chroot I had assumed it would have been 1000 and then I realized this.
I have successfully used the first one (08/2017) in the past 10days with positive results, in machines ranging from 2008 to 2016 in age.

Reply #3
Got this error message
Code: [Select]
14:24:26 [0]: Running "chroot" ("/tmp/calamares-root-fycsi89n", "mkinitcpio", "-p", "linux") 
14:24:26 [0]: Finished. Exit code: 1
14:24:26 [0]: Target cmd: ("mkinitcpio", "-p", "linux")
14:24:26 [0]: Target output:
 /usr/bin/mkinitcpio: line 263: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: Failed to load preset: `/etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset'
14:24:26 [1]: Python Error:
 <class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'>
 /usr/bin/mkinitcpio: line 263: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: Failed to load preset: `/etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset'
 File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/initcpio/main.py", line 36, in run
    run_mkinitcpio()

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/initcpio/main.py", line 28, in run_mkinitcpio
    check_target_env_call(['mkinitcpio', '-p', kernel])

File "<string>", line 5, in <module>
Any one any ideas ?

EDIT

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/initcpio/main.py", line 28, in run_mkinitcpio
    check_target_env_call(['mkinitcpio', '-p', kernel])

This line is the culprit but why, has it not affected any one else, I don't know?
Any way I just changed the -p to -P which covers all kernels and not a specific one.

Reply #4
@artoo Have you guys considered only releasing the base iso, and keeping it up-to-date, until the repositories are fully ported? That will reduce some load on all of you and will prevent lots of issues for new users.

Reply #5
Used the new iso to try to install a iso i made netinstall=no
The /usr/share/calamares/upackfs have at the end of the file an example that is not commented out and the unpackfs fails because the example.sfs does not exist this needs commenting out or removing

next got this error and no idea what it means?

Unsquash filesystem."
12:39:29 [1]: Python Error:
 <class 'TypeError'>
 'NoneType' object is not iterable
 File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/unpackfs/main.py", line 284, in run
    for entry in job.configuration["unpack"]:

12:39:29 [0]: Installation failed:
12:39:29 [0]: - message: "Boost.Python error in job \"unpackfs\"."
12:39:29 [0]: - details: "<div><strong>&lt;class 'TypeError'&gt;</strong></div><div>'NoneType' object is not iterable</div><div><br/>Traceback:</div><div><pre>File &quot;/usr/lib/calamares/modules/unpackfs/main.py&quot;, line 284, in run\n    for entry in job.configuration[&quot;unpack&quot;]:</pre></div>"

Reply #6

The /usr/share/calamares/upackfs have at the end of the file an example that is not commented out and the unpackfs fails because the example.sfs does not exist this needs commenting out or removing

This file is not used.

Reply #7
I hope you are right but example.sfs was quoted in calamares error message and commenting it out allowed calamares to continue to the next error message? or perhaps it 's the same one. 
Perhaps then this is the real error

18:18:28 [1]: Job "unpackfs" (doc) -> "Unsquash filesystem." 
18:18:28 [0]: Installation failed:
18:18:28 [0]: - message: "Bad source"
18:18:28 [0]: - details: "source=\"/home/artix/example.sqfs\""
I don't know what the above means perhaps you do ?
I thought the sources are found here    "/run/artix/bootmnt/artix/x86_64"

Reply #8
Greetings. Previous LXQT iso releases could be written to CD-R's.  Would you consider releasing a slightly smaller LXQT iso? It's currently ~50MB larger than a standard size CD-Recordable can handle.
An updated base iso would be equally useful.
Thanks.

Reply #9
If you took LXQT off and left just the openbox with an autostarted terminal and printing basic instructions of how to add a full desktop and start calamares (LXQT/LXDE easy on top of openbox) then the iso would be small enough to fit.

Maybe write the instructions and hot keys on a background image and put it on ~/.config/openbox/autostart with feh as an openbox background.

Reply #10
Greetings. Previous LXQT iso releases could be written to CD-R's.  Would you consider releasing a slightly smaller LXQT iso? It's currently ~50MB larger than a standard size CD-Recordable can handle.
An updated base iso would be equally useful.
Thanks.
Wow I have not used a CD for 10 years, plus arch based distros are normally hybrid and only work completely, burned with DD to a USB  also a DVD is the same price as a CD and burns faster,
But then you may have a Desktop/laptop from the last century that would explain it, as I have a 2002 HP laptop It boots from USB fine. Just asking that's all.

Reply #11
All this trouble is because "unpackfs" is missing in "/etc/calamares/modules" when you use your own buildiso,