Skip to main content
Topic: Gremlins: wxwidgets-common doesn't provide wxgtk-common (Read 1606 times) previous topic - next topic

Gremlins: wxwidgets-common doesn't provide wxgtk-common

Interesting thing, so althought they somehow decided to change wxgtk* with wxwidgets-gtk*, they apparently also carried the legacy gtk2 along with it, which is pretty neat since i still use some gtk2 programs.
There is a conflict though in packages that need wxgtk2, could it need just a simple "provides" tweak?

:: Replace wxgtk-common with gremlins/wxwidgets-common? [Y/n]
:: Replace wxgtk3 with gremlins/wxwidgets-gtk3? [Y/n]
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing wxgtk-common breaks dependency 'wxgtk-common' required by pcsx2
:: removing wxgtk-common breaks dependency 'wxgtk-common' required by wxgtk2

Re: Gremlins: wxwidgets-common doesn't provide wxgtk-common

Reply #1
Possibly. Maybe they'll just update pcsx2 and stuff later.

Reply #2
Audacium also depends on wxgtk2, they've had an experimental wxgtk3 build for a while which is kind of weird, builds but with errors.

And probably the lxde stuff also has a dependency, i use stuff like lxterminal on low mem machines cause it launches in 0.5 seconds instead of 7 hours like gtk3/qt :)

Reply #3
part of this update was introduced in main, packages conflicting are:
amule (galaxy-artix)
mediainfo-gui (galaxy-artix)

///audacium (AUR)

Reply #4
All right, it appears the conflicts were resolved, however now God knows what those gtk devs messed around this time, cause rendering is screwed up in some programs like amule.
Can you guys investigate? Probably the Artix gtk theme needs to be tweaked, i'm not sure, i'll get back home in a few days and try to test myself, will report back