Skip to main content
Topic: omg manual intervention needed why cant u rebuild iso it is may already (Read 2941 times) previous topic - next topic

omg manual intervention needed why cant u rebuild iso it is may already

january last iso
it is may
where's new iso may i ask?

Re: omg manual intervention needed why cant u rebuild iso it is may already

Reply #1
In prooduction.

Reply #4
It is hard to say when the new iso will be out.

From what i heard / read:
the devs wants to add runit (and maybe even indroduce easy way to add new inits?) support for the iso
As the user you might saw the latest news about openrc and runit on our website (a ~week ago).

The date stays unknown.

Reply #5
It is hard to say when the new iso will be out.

From what i heard / read:
the devs wants to add runit (and maybe even indroduce easy way to add new inits?) support for the iso
As the user you might saw the latest news about openrc and runit on our website (a ~week ago).

The date stays unknown.
ah soo, good to know that i cant really know yet ^^

Reply #7
Pleasseeeeee update the iso already T.T

Why so loooonnngggg T.T

Reply #8
Why are you so eager for a new iso?  Have you installed artix already?  Are you waiting for the iso so you can install?

I can assure you I can use the very first iso from last August and install Artix and update it to what it is now.  If you need some help let us know, I am sure people will help you, including myself with as much as I can.

I have a suspicion that this next set of isos, or iso, will make a wave in the linux world.  It will be like no other linux iso ever.   People will turn around and look at artix when they had no interest in it before.  Now something like that may take a little longer than it was expected.  @artoo said the end of May, it is June 3rd?  Better late than buggy.

Reply #9
Why are you so eager for a new iso?  Have you installed artix already?  Are you waiting for the iso so you can install?

Because after downloading via basestrap, pacman ALWAYS hangs halfway through checking package integrity.

It's really frustrating. That's why I want a new iso with the latest pacman.

I'm using the latest (February) base iso.

Sometimes, I also get kernel panic when booting into the iso.

**** that's it! I'm done trying to reinstall artix again and again! The pacman always crashes!

Reply #10

Reply #11
hey artoo is the artix going to stay openrc and runit inits or eventually just stay with one init only?

artix home has the needed info you need in regards to manual intervention before installing base iso aris = https://artixlinux.org/

But as a step further when i installed by base I noticed testing was not commented out in pacman.conf, should that be normal? I wouldn't think so considering one should start out with system - world - galaxy - extra - community - multilib. I suppose that is one area you really need to focus on before installation, just like when you install systemd arch linux.

Reply #13

why do you need openrc in base iso?
You would go the basestrap install, ie it allows to to install what you want.

Lxqt will take a few more days, and thats gonna be openrc.

Reply #14
why do you need openrc in base iso?
You would go the basestrap install, ie it allows to to install what you want.

Lxqt will take a few more days, and thats gonna be openrc.

Thank you I can wait.