Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Terminals (kitty/alacritty) not showing anything on fresh install (Read 418 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Terminals (kitty/alacritty) not showing anything on fresh install

Hello,

I am trying to see if I can get assistance troubleshooting. I installed Artix-OpenRC-Cinnamon. Only ran ```sudo pacman -Sy" and installed kitty and alacritty. When opening kitty it gives me a libsystemd error and doesn't show anything. I don't get the same libsystemd error with Alacritty, but it also doesn't show anything when opening.

I've checked locale and everything. Even tried changing to fish shell with no help. The strange thing is, is that it the gnome terminal works without any issue whatsoever.

Thank you
Christ is King

Re: Terminals (kitty/alacritty) not showing anything on fresh install

Reply #1
Only ran ```sudo pacman -Sy"
Partial upgrades are not supported, please run "sudo pacman -Syu" and see if it fixes your problem.

I can replicate the kitty libsystemd error, though it runs correctly. What do you mean by "doesn't show anything"? Can you type in the terminals? At first glance, this looks like a driver issue. Definitely try doing a full upgrade. If that doesn't work, maybe try booting with the linux-lts kernel?