Skip to main content
Topic: 19 August 2024 weekly ISOs promoted to official (Read 766 times) previous topic - next topic

19 August 2024 weekly ISOs promoted to official

The latest 20240819 weekly installation media have acquired official status. Please report any bugs, findings and suggestions here.

Re: 19 August 2024 weekly ISOs promoted to official

Reply #1
In the XFCE ISOs, clicking on "Install Artix" in the live environment prints:
Attention
Untrusted application launcher
The desktop file "calamares-config-switcher.desktop" is in an insecure location and not marked as executable. If you do not trust this program, click Cancel.

Exec=calamares-config-switcher
Everything works afterwards if "Launch Anyway" is chosen. This was also present in the previous stable versions, but it said:
Attention
Untrusted application launcher
The desktop file "calamares.desktop" is in an insecure location and not marked as executable. If you do not trust this program, click Cancel.

Exec=pkexec env DISPLAY=:0 XAUTHORITY=/home/artix/.Xauthority
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2 calamares
Here's a related forum thread, could someone please specify what the "fix is in the works" was and can it be applied to the current message?
Some links that may be useful:
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=16407
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=16903

Reply #2
Another thing: in calamares, the placeholders for inputs are now colored black, see the attached screenshots.
Is this intended or is this a bug? In any case, I think the gray ones looked better. But that's just IMHO ;)

(Also, not sure if this applies to all installers or just the XFCE one. Haven't tested yet)

Reply #3
Fixed the warning in XFCE and a similar one in LXDE, although I don't consider it important. New weeklies ordered to build. The input placeholders are trickier to fix and I'd rather not spend precious time on something users see once for 30 seconds.
Thanks for the feedback.