Skip to main content
Topic: Migration from EndeavourOS to Artix ; a few questions. (Read 182 times) previous topic - next topic

Migration from EndeavourOS to Artix ; a few questions.

Greetings to all, I am a user of EndeavourOS on my main PC and have been very much enjoying stuff on this distro, having jumped from arch to endeavour as I needed a system that worked with very little issues due to school work needing to be done, and Endeavour is just preconfiged arch to put it simply. I wish to migrate from eos to artix s6 init as I have started dabbling in being more of an enthusiast user instead of one that just needs a system to run, i want both a system to run and for me to experiment with and customise to my hearts content (oh how gentoo has ruined me lol, started using that to breathe new life into a spare pc i had, and now im hooked with the customisability, but i want s6 init instead of runit which i run on gentoo)

The question i have is essentially, what happens when i migrate, is it just the init system changing and a few other things? What happens to all my preexisting configurations, files, customisation i have done on eos , will they remain or is it more like starting anew?
What is the support like for the AUR/Pacman is there anything i can change for applications i have that have dependancies for sys-d?
https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Migration I have read through this document and it seems easy enough, but it doesnt answer all of my questions.

Thank you in advance to all, I hope you all have a blessed day!

Re: Migration from EndeavourOS to Artix ; a few questions.

Reply #1
Your desktop experience should stay exactly the same, there's no reason for a DE to behave differently across distros or init systems. 99.999% of AUR packages don't need systemd to work, the ones which do may GFT aren't worth considering.