Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Can't install in VirtualBox (Read 3195 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't install in VirtualBox

Hi all,

I've just tried to install Artix LXQT Rolling in a VirtualBox VM and failed. Here's a screenshot of the error message:

Please help!

Re: Can't install in VirtualBox

Reply #1
Reboot and then run calamares in cli mode
Code: [Select]
sudo -E calamares -d

Reply #2
Reboot and then run calamares in cli mode
sudo -E calamares -d
Same error.The output of the above command is here.
Changing the ownership of /run/user/1000 to 0 resulted in the segmentation fault of calamares.

Reply #3
WeyLyn1, looking the output of the log of calamares, I saw that the system go in error because is trying to install pulseaudio 11.1 while, in the standard Artix repos, is available the version 10.1. This is the why of the error.

Which environment are you trying to install?

For KDE/Plasma I posted the solution to install it, avoiding this error. I think that the same path, installing different packages, can be used also for other GUI.

I never try till now, but I suppose that, modifying the /etc/pacman.conf and activating the testing repositories, before to launch calamares  (sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf) this problem shall be solved. If you'll try this direction, the testing repos MUST be positioned BEFORE the standard repos.

Below the list of the repos in my pacman.conf, up to date to the last upgrade. NOTE: you can or cannot decide to use the 32 bit repos.

# The testing repositories are disabled by default. To enable, uncomment the
# repo name header and Include lines. You can add preferred servers immediately
# after the header, and they will be used before the default mirrors.

[system-testing]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[system]

[world-testing]

[world]

[galaxy-testing]

[galaxy]

# If you want to run 32 bit applications on your x86_64 system,
# enable the multilib repositories as required here.

[lib32-testing]

[lib32]

# An example of a custom package repository.  See the pacman manpage for
# tips on creating your own repositories.
#[custom]
#SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
#Server = file:///home/custompkgs

[extra]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist-arch

[community]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist-arch

#[multilib-testing]
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist-arch

#[multilib]
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist-arch

Reply #4
WeyLyn1, looking the output of the log of calamares, I saw that the system go in error because is trying to install pulseaudio 11.1 while, in the standard Artix repos, is available the version 10.1. This is the why of the error.

Which environment are you trying to install?

For KDE/Plasma I posted the solution to install it, avoiding this error. I think that the same path, installing different packages, can be used also for other GUI.

I never try till now, but I suppose that, modifying the /etc/pacman.conf and activating the testing repositories, before to launch calamares  (sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf) this problem shall be solved. If you'll try this direction, the testing repos MUST be positioned BEFORE the standard repos.

Below the list of the repos in my pacman.conf, up to date to the last upgrade. NOTE: you can or cannot decide to use the 32 bit repos.

Thanks, I'll try it out. The DEs I tried to install are Cinnamon and LXQt. KDE is very slow in VirtualBox (and i don't like it either),

Edit: tried it and this is what i see after running
sudo pacman -U
:

Reply #5
You have to enable the server too
Server = http://mirror1.artixlinux.org/repos/$repo/os/$arch

in
/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Make sure you place this above all other mirrors

Reply #6
You have to enable the server too
Server = http://mirror1.artixlinux.org/repos/$repo/os/$arch

in
/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Make sure you place this above all other mirrors

Okay, i did it and even commented the SourceForge repo out, but still the same 'Database file ... does not exist' error. Just to make sure, i cp-ed mirrorlist to mirrorlist~ then echo-ed the Server = http://mirror1.artixlinux.org/repos/$repo/os/$arch into it, but still the same 'Database ... does not exist' error.

Reply #7
Have you try sudo pacman -Syy ?
If I can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Reply #8
Okay, i did it and even commented the SourceForge repo out, but still the same 'Database file ... does not exist' error. Just to make sure, i cp-ed mirrorlist to mirrorlist~ then echo-ed the Server = http://mirror1.artixlinux.org/repos/$repo/os/$arch into it, but still the same 'Database ... does not exist' error.
If you echo-ed, it's quite possible that those dollars ($) weren't written. Can you post the contents of your /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist?

Reply #10
From the looks of it, you just need to delete "multilub-testing" repo from your /etc/pacman.conf (As there is no such thing as "multilub-testing" and "multilib-testing" ), re-run sudo pacman -Syy and you're good to go!
If I can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Reply #11
From the looks of it, you just need to delete "multilub-testing" repo from your /etc/pacman.conf (As there is no such thing as "multilub-testing" and "multilib-testing" ), re-run sudo pacman -Syy and you're good to go!
It worked, thanks!