Skip to main content
Topic: bspwm problem (Read 761 times) previous topic - next topic

bspwm problem

Hey guys, i've been into Artix for few days now. Everything works normally even with a little problem.
But there is a problem that bugging me, and that is my bspwm. It sometimes stopped working in the middle out of nowhere. For example the sxhkd, rofi and polybar stop functioning. I found the solution for this by reloading bspwm (killall bspwm) in other tty screen (ctrl+alt+2/3/4). But this problem is occurring so many times.
I never encounter this problem when i was using arch, even though i rice it the same.

If anyone is using bspwm and ever encountered this problem, do have any solutions for this ? thanks

i'm still newbie in linux and everytime if  i encountered a problem that is hard to solve, i tend to reinstall it from scratch again lol. I dont want this to be solve by reinstalling

edit:
sorry wrong board, it should be post in Application and Software *idk how to move/delete my post

Re: bspwm problem

Reply #1
How do you start bspwm? You use xinit or a login manager?

Reply #2
To start, bspwm is not a newbie-friendly WM. Next, the error could likely be due to some kind of misconfiguration. I highly doubt it is due to not using systemd. As usual in GNU/Linux, you need to check logs, and possibly to instruct programs to generate more verbose output to generate said logs.

Reply #3
Today this happened to me. To help future people who might see this post, the problem was that the bspwmrc file did not have executable permission to my user. So I just ran the command chmod +x bspwmrc.