Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] No /etc/pipewire folder (Read 2886 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] No /etc/pipewire folder

Just performed a fresh installation of Artix and installed pipewire-pulse, pipewire-alsa, pipewire-media-session and pipewire but still got no /etc/pipewire folder.
pipewire version is 1:0.3.30-2
What may the reason be?

Re: No /etc/pipewire folder

Reply #1
The reason is, you need to copy the folder /usr/share/pipewire to /etc/pipewire.

Also, apart from Arch Wiki, Debian Wiki contains some useful tips on configuring pipewire too.

Re: No /etc/pipewire folder

Reply #4
I knew that already, but thank you. I just wanna know why it didn't happen automatically.
I suppose that's Arch-style of installing things, first. Second, you have a freedom to configure pipewire as you like to, whether it be with-alsa, with-pulse or whatsoever. Pipewire is just too flexible, thus generic configuration would hardly satisfy everyone. Third, pipewire is under active development, and therefore config file format can be drastically changed with a new version, so in a rolling release distro it's more convenient to ship those files into /usr/share and let the user decide what to do with them.