Skip to main content
Topic: Mobile Broadband (USB 3G Modem) support in XFCE ISO. (Read 529 times) previous topic - next topic

Mobile Broadband (USB 3G Modem) support in XFCE ISO.

Greetings to everyone! As the topic title says, I would like to see a graphical interface for quick connection via 3G USB modems in XFCE ISO that you currently provide. It would be immensely helpful in situations when no other types of connection are available.

Right now connman, which is included in the ISO, does not provide that support. As far as I know, there's an extension called 'ofono' that can be used to add this functionality (together with usb-modeswitch). Other possible options may include Sakis 3G or the GUI version of Modem Manager.

If it's possible, I would like to see this sometimes really essential functionality implemented. I hope it can be done without adding too much bloat to the ISO. Thank you.

Re: Mobile Broadband (USB 3G Modem) support in XFCE ISO.

Reply #1
Hi zeta,

You may download from here and build the ofono daemon and the relative service depending on your init system, locally for the time being.

Have fun ;)

Reply #2
I'll give it a try, thanks!

Reply #3
@zeta I've added @linuxer 's package/scripts including one for suite66 to universe repo. The scripts are ofono-INIT ; where INIT is openrc,runit,s6, or suite66.

Reply #4
Thank you. Hopefully it works with Huawei e352b...