Skip to main content
Topic: How Is Artix Running For you? (Read 1384 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How Is Artix Running For you?

Reply #30
So far, so good.  I used Debian for about 10 years (Slink through Lenny).  I prefer using distribution packages if at all possible and got tired of waiting for updates for important (for me) packages so I switched to Arch around 2010.  Loved it until they switched to systemd.  Switched to Void last year on both home and work computers but I never could get Xiphos (Bible study software) to work on it.  I heard about Artix on the Void forum and switched my home computer to it.  All I have installed so far are the essentials: pekwm, midori, xiphos, scala, IDEA, LibreOffice, and hodoku and all is working well.

I'm hesitant to install it on my work computer just yet as it is an EFI machine and I had a horrible time getting Linux to work on it.  I'm hoping to get a new computer to replace it in the next few months and definitely plan to install Artix on it.

Many thanks to the developers.

Reply #31
Glad you are enjoying Artix it really is nice to use I personally have not had many problems just a few niggles. Once the transformation of the repros is complete and every thing is 100% systemd free Artix will be a force to be recond with

Reply #32
Yes indeed...welcome to Artix. :)
I second what @mandog  stated....Artix is developing progressively. It is a major undertaking to get untangled from systemd and I can't thank the devs here enough for making that come about.

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #33
This is my third attempt at artix linux, i hope this one sticks.Ive learnt a lot more in the past 6 months and i realise artix has had some issues but so have i funnily enough. You guys and gals do good work, thankyou.

Reply #34
The arch way is a very big learning experience and Artix is a extention of the Arch way I mean the original Arch way with BSD init scripts so users like me find it much easier to use Artix I believe.  Systemd has dumbed down the boot processes into a none user experience. I will leave it their as I use both for different reasons.