Skip to main content
Topic: Cannot run Elden Ring (Read 1086 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot run Elden Ring

Is it just me? I'm willing to imagine that EAC/Steam-libs/Proton/Whatever requires something form SystemD (I'm on Linux+OpenRC). But I don't know. Is it just me?

I've updated and rebuilt like my entire system, but I cannot get this thing to start. I've never gotten past hanging at a white screen. Sometimes it crashes earlier. Sometimes it prints a wine stack trace. I've never seen it run.

Is it working for anyone else on Artix?

Re: Cannot run Elden Ring

Reply #1
At the protondb website it is marked as GOLD which means it requires some tinkering before it runs kind of fine.

One is to use experimental proton build which is worth a try.

Please go there and try, I do not own this game so I cannot tell you how yo make it running.

Reply #2
Yeah, I tried every combination of Proton versions and launch configs I could find. I've never been able to get past the blank white screen.

Although, I can no longer figure out the combination that produces the segfault. Possibly that was from a specific build of proton's bleeding-edge beta version in Steam.

Reply #3
Is it working for anyone else on Artix?

It can work.
I had it working via Lutris. Unfortunately I can't give much more help with settings / setup as I personally did not enjoy it at all and deleted it within a couple of hours.

All I can say is I would have been using the most current version of 
wine-ge-custom (glorious eggroll) available at that time.
If using steam try the proton equivalent.
https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom

The lack of systemd will not have any impact.

Reply #4
Was there a specific way you were starting it? I assume you weren't launching it from within Steam.

Reply #5
With Lutris

Installed and clicked play.
I do not remember having to do anything special to get it working.

My only advice, try proton-ge-custom. Only because I know that was what I was using (me: wine-ge-custom) .