Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Return of the Jedi - clarify (Read 1878 times) previous topic - next topic

Return of the Jedi - clarify

From the news item 2017-07-27 -- Return of the Jedi (I would recommend copying over this item so it is available from the Artix pages, please?), the instructions to update repositories made mention to...
Code: [Select]
All -nosystemd packages must be replaced with their equivalent from the new repos. If pacman refuses to
uninstall one due to dependencies remove it with -Rdd and then install its equivalent. Do the same
for -elogind, -consolekit and -upower packages. This means that polkit-consolekit, among others, must be
replaced by polkit.

It is possible that I didn't put things back together properly when I followed these steps ("The Force is with me. I am one with the Force"). Tonight I was experimenting with a different AUR installer and was giving yaourt a go. Running an update, yaourt reported that:
Code: [Select]
error: missing 'polkit-consolekit' dependency for 'desktop-privileges'
error: missing 'udisks2-nosystemd' dependency for 'desktop-privileges'
error: missing 'polkit-consolekit' dependency for 'upower-pm-utils'
What would be the correct way to fix this situation.
I need clarification, please.

Re: Return of the Jedi - clarify

Reply #1
Remove both desktop-privileges and upower-pm-utils as they're not exist in both Artix repo and Arch repo anymore
If I can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Reply #2
@thefallenrat  And what replaces these packages? Is there a replacement for these packages?

Reply #4
Don't most desktops have their own polkit?  I know than on openbox I use LXDE's lxpolkit, and LXQT has something very similar.
I'm miserable without it.
 I've given up trying anything else for ages.