Skip to main content
Topic: procedure to rank mirrors please in artix. (Read 1550 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: procedure to rank mirrors please in artix.

Reply #1
This is elementary basic knowledge, apart from that I wrote about it twice how you can apply it in everyday life.

https://forum.artixlinux.org/index.php/topic,1476.msg10309.html#msg10309
https://forum.artixlinux.org/index.php/topic,3465.msg22641.html#msg22641
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "

Reply #2

However elementary you think it is though isn't relevant to the question asked now is it?  The comments on those posts suggest your solution is not proper according to artix devs so it seems you're better off keeping that to yourself.

Thank you though for chiming in.  I do appreciate your willingness to help.
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #3
Maybe I'm missing something ?
But what is wrong with
Code: [Select]
rankmirrors -t /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
in galaxy/pacman-contrib ?

Reply #4
sudo pacman -S rankmirrors
[sudo] password for catherdersoflinux:
error: target not found: rankmirrors

pacman-contrib you say?
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #5
As an aside, nobody complained about the rankmirrors part of lq's scripts, just the update part. Also you're missing the context of that discussion, somebody had been asking on the forums in another thread how to do some GUI auto-update thing which was also "not recommended"  iirc.  ;D

Reply #6
As an aside, nobody complained about the rankmirrors part of lq's scripts, just the update part. Also you're missing the context of that discussion, somebody had been asking on the forums in another thread how to do some GUI auto-update thing which was also "not recommended"  iirc.  ;D

Ok.  TY.  I wasn't there i just saw that devs weren't keen on his recommendations.  I prefer to err these days on the side of not p/o devs if i can help it.  I just saw that rankmirrors wasn't installed by default and then i read part of that thread and presumed it had been removed for some reason unknown to me.  Thanks for the clarification.  My apologies to lp for my part of that misunderstanding.
Cat Herders of Linux