Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Error while trying to install libsignal-protocol-c for OMEMO xmpp to work (Read 280 times) previous topic - next topic

Error while trying to install libsignal-protocol-c for OMEMO xmpp to work

Hello guys. I'm getting an error when trying to install libpurple-lurch that has couple of dependencies one of them being libsignal-protocol-c

"error: libsignal-protocol-c: signature from "Bruno Pagani <[email protected]>" is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libsignal-protocol-c-2.3.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded."

How can i fix this but in the same time not downloading any weird/doggy package? I've refreshed my keys with

pacman-key --refresh-keys

but still i get that error, what's the problem?

Thanx for any help that anyone might give. Cheers!!

Re: Error while trying to install libsignal-protocol-c for OMEMO xmpp to work

Reply #1
Two option I can think of at the moment:

1. Enable the universe repository and update or install the archlinux-keyring.
If you already have that, than update the archlinux-keyring package first.
https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories#Universe

You can also download the package manually from the mirrors and install it with "pacman -U".

2. OR, the Arch guys made some error in packaging since the packager should be:
"Packager        : Bruno Pagani <[email protected]>"
which is clearly different from mail you posted in the log.

Re: Error while trying to install libsignal-protocol-c for OMEMO xmpp to work

Reply #2
Yep thank you. I've followed enabling Universe repo and installed archlinux-keyring and after than i could install with no errors whatsoever. Thank you very much  :)

Interesting i've lived till now with the idea i already have enabled arch repos cos i had extra and community enabled but it looks like it wasn't the case. So yeah i fix it now