Skip to main content
Topic: Strange Issues (Read 353 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange Issues

I'm probably somewhere in-between beginner and intermediate, and decided to install artix linux, partially in the hopes of finetuning my linux skills. However, I seem to have ran into a strange issue. Upon getting the login screen after installing it on my hard drive VIA a thumbdrive, I entered my password and username, however it did not accept it. So, I went into the ctrl-alt-f1 terminal, and was able to get root, using the same password that didn't work before. I then tried to delete the user that was having the issues, however it said no such user existed. Upon doing the users command, it listed the user I mentioned (and root.)  So, again, I did userdel (user), and it still said the user did not exist. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Should I just try to remove the login screen?

Re: Strange Issues

Reply #1
It's just gotten worse- after rebooting, it says that the command deluser is not found.

Reply #2
>Upon getting the login screen after installing it on my hard drive VIA a thumbdrive, I entered my password and username, however it did not accept it.

What desktop environment/login manager are you running?

> I then tried to delete the user that was having the issues, however it said no such user existed. Upon doing the users command, it listed the user I mentioned (and root.)  So, again, I did userdel (user), and it still said the user did not exist. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Should I just try to remove the login screen?

Can you find the user in /etc/passwd ?

Reply #3
It's just gotten worse- after rebooting, it says that the command deluser is not found.

in tty2 login as user and check if there exist
Code: [Select]
$ ls /usr/bin/userdel

also, exactly which iso did you grab for installation? (what DE and the date of iso creation)