Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [Solved] Still can't get updated mirrorlist from system-testing (Read 1458 times) previous topic - next topic

[Solved] Still can't get updated mirrorlist from system-testing

I've followed the instructions about adding [system-testing] above [system], but after multiple attempts, including repeated cache-cleaning and forcing a download of the lists, it keeps telling me there is no artix-mirrorlist in [system-testing].  I've checked spelling and syntax, I get no other errors.  The only other odd thing is I have a number of packages which are newer than the main repos.  (Sorry, the Artix system is out in my workshop, and I only boot it up when I'm working out there.  I'll be glad to post any config files or outputs, as requested.)  For full background, the system was migrated from Manjaro openrc.

I've asked about this on IRC a few times, and each time someone tries to confirm that I followed all the steps, and when I say yes, nobody else says anything.  I find it a bit frustrating.  If nobody else has complained about this, I'm quite willing to believe it is some configuration problem on my end, but I have no further idea how to troubleshoot.

The only other problem I have is that the current nvidia-340 package requires a kernel version not yet available in the artix linux-lts.  I had to manually pull an older nvidia driver off the arch server and build it with the AUR tools.  It works fine, but every "pacman -Syu" fails to upgrade the nvidia package.  Note this is not a big problem - I figure the kernel will get updated sooner or later.

Thanks for any suggestions.

[edit to mark solved]

Re: Still can't get updated mirrorlist from system-testing

Reply #2
sudo nano /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
and add
Server = http://mirror1.artixlinux.org/repos/$repo/os/$arch
then
sudo pacman -Syyu
and last
sudo mv /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.pacnew /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Reply #3
@thefallenrat Thanks.  That's the first suggestions I've gotten that includes new mirrors.  I'll post back once I've tried it.

@robin0800 I don't know if it's a problem with the forum software, but the way that server listing is displayed, it breaks the URL at the embedded "$repo".  Cut/paste should still work - and that sever is also not in the original instructions.

Reply #5
Done and fixed.  It seems the problem was simply that the original instructions I followed did not actually include any mirror that had a new enough [system-testing] to have the complete new mirrorlist.  Just adding one of those servers to mirrorlist (at the top of the list) allowed pulling the new packages, including artix-mirrorlist.  (And - the first pacman Syu with the new mirrorlist includes the new linux-lts which allows the new nvidia driver package.

Re: [Solved] Still can't get updated mirrorlist from system-testing

Reply #6
There are three kernels available through the artix mirrors.  -Lts, -zen, and -ck
And then there are many on the AUR repositories you can compile and build if you are into custom kernels.

Once you have done a full upgrade your mirrorlist will be upgraded too.