Skip to main content
Topic: Q: How to migrate from Arch to Artix on ARM (odroid c2)? (Read 2520 times) previous topic - next topic

Q: How to migrate from Arch to Artix on ARM (odroid c2)?

Hello

I would like to migrate from Arch to Artix on my Odroid C2, but do not know what is a start point. Is there a guide how to compile Artix sources from the scratch? Maybe i need to compile only some of packages?

Re: Q: How to migrate from Arch to Artix on ARM (odroid c2)?

Reply #1
Hello

I would like to migrate from Arch to Artix on my Odroid C2, but do not know what is a start point. Is there a guide how to compile Artix sources from the scratch? Maybe i need to compile only some of packages?
Hey!
I have made the same with Orange Pi PC2 in September. To make bootable system you don't need much packages to be rebuilt: there must be init system, eudev, systemd-dummy, dbus, elogind and some of their dependencies. I have them already packaged but they are a bit outdated. I may send these packages as one archive if you want (i use runit as init)
Also in order to install init scripts put artix repos in your mirrorlist but you should put rebuilt artix packages in ignore list in pacman.conf
ARMtix

Re: Q: How to migrate from Arch to Artix on ARM (odroid c2)?

Reply #2
To make bootable system you don't need much packages to be rebuilt: there must be init system, eudev, systemd-dummy, dbus, elogind and some of their dependencies.

How did you compile cross-dependent packages?