Skip to main content
Topic: Warning (Read 546 times) previous topic - next topic

Warning

Quote from: Artix Linux Forum
lq,

You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members in regards to the message:
Re: Gnome crashes on startup.

You know that isn't "enough help."

Regards,
The Artix Linux Forum Team.

I completely disagree.

You guys and gals make too many lazy compromises with obscure products that originated in a world-famous garage in Redmond.
That's why I don't give a shit if some lazy, learning-resistant arseholes are offended.
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "

Re: Warning

Reply #1
You should not compromise on your own principles by using a distro that provides such packages you vehemently oppose.

Reply #2
It's easy when you know how.

Sometimes when members on here are struggling with what seems basic and obvious I have to try and take myself back to my first Linux install and how totally befuddled I was.

/sbin
/bin
/usr/bin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/X11R6/bin
wtf?

And that was just one tiny aspect of what I was trying to learn. And eventually did (Thanks in some part to many people who helped along the way).

If you think a members question shows a lack of effort (to various degrees many do) you can always just ignore it.
Rather than posting RTFM and some usually unrelated links.
It comes across as someone trying to compensate for their own feelings of inadequacy not someone trying to help.

Reply #3
You should not compromise on your own principles by using a distro that provides such packages you vehemently oppose.

lol

I'm primarily concerned with the outrageous forum posts and not with any packages.
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "

Reply #4
If that's such a bother that you have an internal NEED to tell someone off - you could've just... you know, never post in the first place.

Reply #5
I'm primarily concerned with the outrageous forum posts and not with any packages.

Since it's not a matter of principle, that means your post in that thread was just unnecessary noise. Which is exactly what the warning was for. Thanks and have a blessed day.