Skip to main content
Topic: What can I do about this: (Random freeze) (Read 2018 times) previous topic - next topic

What can I do about this: (Random freeze)

My system Randomly freezes with the message:

nm-dispatcher: req2 'connectivity-change': completed: no scripts

What I did was: Install Artix lxqt Runit using the ISO (latest). Installed Cinnamon. Uninstalled LXQT and Artix-lxqt-presets.
Can someone help me? Thank you.

Edit: Also messages like: failed to register sigint handler device or resource busy

Re: What can I do about this: (Random freeze)

Reply #1
Complete freezes or just hiccups? Usually, these kind of problems are caused by a regression in the kernel or a buggy video driver. Have you tried with a different kernel like linux-lts?

Reply #2
I also get some of those error messages but they don't interfere with the functioning of the OS.

What's the hardware, what hdd/ssd (any S.M.A.R.T issues?), how much disk space, is the CPU running too hot? Both a bad disk (or even no disk space) or overheating hardware can cause freezes.

Are you having similar issues with other distributions or is Artix the only one causing you trouble?

Trying the lts kernel might be a simple fix, I had full system freezes with some older Radeon GPUs that some kernels loved, others freezed, it was a faulty power management thing that never got fixed.

Reply #3
Complete freezes or just hiccups? Usually, these kind of problems are caused by a regression in the kernel or a buggy video driver. Have you tried with a different kernel like linux-lts?

So my system just freezes before the login. I have to restart to get to the login screen to input my password. Did a complete wipe and reinstall and still the same. I was thinking of another kernel. Maybe I will try that.
And to answer the other question, no, I'm not running out of space on the HDD (1TB HDD) and my CPU is not running hot (Intel i3).

Reply #4
So my system just freezes before the login. I have to restart to get to the login screen to input my password. Did a complete wipe and reinstall and still the same. I was thinking of another kernel. Maybe I will try that.
Please, give as some hardware specifications, especially your graphics card. We can't help fumbling in the dark, post here the output of   inxi -Fxzmc0.