Skip to main content
Topic: Using Steam with more than 5 accounts (Read 105 times) previous topic - next topic

Using Steam with more than 5 accounts

So i have steam with more than 5 accounts. i wanted to play eso with a guild bank so having 10 eso accounts was necessary to play with 4 guild banks.  plus one guild for trading that i didnt own.  that meant having 10 eso accounts and so to manage that is meant i had to use steam really as steam stores the logins for 5 accounts.  One solution is to install two oses... artix and artix?  Another spolution would seem to use one os and 2 user accounts excpet that i am trying that now and while i can get a second user account on the same install of artix and i can see steam and i can even add the steam library path from the other artix user account - the dagone thing will not play the eso game.  i get caught in a loop where it tries to verify my installed files all over again.  it never plays.  Since it installed on the same artix the directory for steam which is /Steam is mounted by fstab and neither  user owns it but the eso game does launch for user1 but not for user2.  It was moiunted as /home/user1/Steam but i changed that.  could be some permisssions were set to make it owned by user1 in the past?

Is anyone else here having a good idea what the problem might be?
Cat Herders of Linux

Re: Using Steam with more than 5 accounts

Reply #1
so i tried to symlink from the user1 directory to the user2 directory and that did link but it's back to the validation loop again.
Cat Herders of Linux