Skip to main content
Topic: [Bug]: Forum Accounts Can’t be Accessed After an Email Change (Read 487 times) previous topic - next topic

[Bug]: Forum Accounts Can’t be Accessed After an Email Change

Hi everyone,

I recently decided to change the email address of my account on the Artix Linux forum. However, after I changed my email, I didn’t receive the validation email, and now I can’t log back into my account! I checked the trash and spam folders in my email, but nothing was there. I tried to seek help in the #artix IRC channel, but I couldn’t find the forum’s admins there. I also tried to send an email to one of the mailing lists, but I have yet to receive a response. I only created this account to seek help in the forum. What should I do?

Re: [Bug]: Forum Accounts Can’t be Accessed After an Email Change

Reply #1
Unfortunately, all it takes to completely lose the control of your account in this forum is to change the email address associated with your account, and nobody seems to care about this issue!  :(
If you don't receive the validation email, there is literally no way to recover your account after an email change. So, if you are an active user in this forum, I strongly suggest against changing the email address associated with your account.

Re: [Bug]: Forum Accounts Can’t be Accessed After an Email Change

Reply #2
This sucks, yeah. I'm sure that sooner or later someone of this forum admins will read this thread. They are just rarely here I guess. Don't forget to bump this thread once in a while, I'd say every week maybe.