Skip to main content
Topic: Unable to start installation - usb (Read 171 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to start installation - usb

Hi,

I've just bought a new computer, installed windoze for gaming and now I'd like to install Artix as my main OS (dual booting on different drive). This is always how I've done it in the past, but now I cannot get installation to start.

I can boot from the usb and I get the menu with locale options etc. When I hit install I get the following:

Code: [Select]
:: running early hook [udev]
Starting udevd version 256.1-1-artix-g34ba18b^
:: Triggering uevents...
[    2.203493] hub 8-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)

And there it freezes.

I have tried legacy mode, uefi mode.
I created the usb installation using dd.
I've also tried ventoy. All with same results.
Have tried different USB ports.

Debian install works fine after displaying same error above so probably unrelated.
Used same method of creating install usb for Debian.

Iso I'm trying to use is: artix-xfce-openrc-20240823-x86_64.iso

Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks!

UPDATE:
Disabling nVidia PCIe card fixes it. I tried disable integrated gpu first, but that did not work. Hope I can get this nVidia card with Artix.

Re: Unable to start installation - usb

Reply #1
You could install Artix with that nvidia card disabled/taken out of PC as usual, then when you're fully booted from SSD/HDD, just setup proprietary nvidia drivers based on https://github.com/korvahannu/arch-nvidia-drivers-installation-guide and then just enable the graphic's card again. Just make sure any of the other graphic cards are blacklisted the first time you try to boot with nvidia's stuff, you can then reenable integrated unit after this.