Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED]Linux zen kernel changes my resolution to 1024*768 and cant change it (Read 1078 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED]Linux zen kernel changes my resolution to 1024*768 and cant change it

SOLVED: 5.9.2 solved this problem.
Older one never had this problem. But this newest thing.. As I say, no other option at all. And refresh rate stuck at 76, it says default at place where my monitor brand shows. How to solve this?

Re: linux zen fsync doesn't work after the new update, it worked before

Reply #1
hi,
no,  it will work  because linux-zen 5.9.1.zen2 is not in our repo now.
the few fixes that 5.9.1 brought were not enough reason for me to udpdate. I'm waiting for 5.9.2. If 5.9.2 does not come out within 36 hours, I will release 5.9.1.
Use for now the old 5.8 kernel or please wait.

Sorry for inconviences.

Re: linux zen fsync doesn't work after the new update, it worked before

Reply #2
hi,
no,  it will work  because linux-zen 5.9.1.zen2 is not in our repo now.
the few fixes that 5.9.1 brought were not enough reason for me to udpdate. I'm waiting for 5.9.2. If 5.9.2 does not come out within 36 hours, I will release 5.9.1.
Use for now the old 5.8 kernel or please wait.

Sorry for inconviences.
Yea thanks, as I saw for myself it was unstable indeed. Gotta wait then. Cheers.

Re: Newest linux zen kernel changes my resolution to 1024*768 and cant change it

Reply #3
I think it's now updated, I updated but now my resolution is screwed. I was just telling. I am gonna downgrade since this problem resolved. How to see older packages? The thing is I don't remember which older kernel was working so  ;D

Re: Newest linux zen kernel changes my resolution to 1024*768 and cant change it

Reply #4
Older packages you installed on your machine are stored at /var/cache/pacman/pkg/<package archive>

Or you can use our archive at https://archive.artixlinux.org/

Reply #5
Fixed now with the 5.9.2 kernel, thanks.