Skip to main content
Topic: [SOLVED] Shutdown pauses when lid closes  (Read 1166 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Shutdown pauses when lid closes

When I power down the laptop and close the lid the poweroff process is paused and finishes shutdown the next time I open the lid . I dont want default lid close to poweroff .
Is there a to set poweroff action only when shutting down the system

Re: Shutdown pauses when lid closes

Reply #1
When I power down the laptop and close the lid the poweroff process is paused and finishes shutdown the next time I open the lid . I dont want default lid close to poweroff .
Is there a to set poweroff action only when shutting down the system

Did you configure the power manager correctly?

Reply #2
Closing lid not until shutdown process is finished?

Reply #6
/etc/elogind/logind.conf --> HandleLidSwitch=ignore
This would default lid close to ignore . And thats not what I want. I would like it to ignore only when it is the powering off process

Reply #7
How do you power off? Supposedly, loginctl poweroff inhibits other ACPI events from interfering.

[EDIT]: The man page is a little confusing (for me), but you can also try changing the value of LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited to no.

Reply #8
How do you power off? Supposedly, loginctl poweroff inhibits other ACPI events from interfering.

[EDIT]: The man page is a little confusing (for me), but you can also try changing the value of LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited to no.

idk if this should happen but i think it works for `loginctl poweroff`  and not for `poweroff`
anyways ill mark it solved. Thank You !! :)