While upgrading rsync

I read this warning:
> For security reasons the rsyncd service protects the system by making
 > paths /boot, /etc and /usr read-only. If you need write access use
 > rsync via ssh or see the wiki for instructions to override:
 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rsync#rsync_daemon

The link is as follows:

rsync daemon

rsync can be run as daemon on a server listening on port 873.

Edit the template /etc/rsyncd.conf, configure a share and start the rsyncd.service.
Note: As of rsync-3.1.2-5 the systemd unit rsyncd.service included in the package adds security feature ProtectSystem=full (ProtectHome=on has been undone in rsync-3.1.2-8) under the [Service] section. This makes the /boot/, /etc/ and /usr/ directories read-only. If you need rsyncd write system directories you can edit the unit and set ProtectSystem=off in the [Service] section of the overriding snippet.

Usage from client, e.g. list server content:

$ rsync rsync://server/share

transfer file from client to server:

$ rsync local-file rsync://server/share/

Consider iptables to open port 873 and user authentication.
Note: All transferred data including user authentication are not encrypted.

Should we start talking about organizing a team that will result into a systemd-free Arch wiki --> Artix Wiki?
I believe if we start by splitting the total entity into parts and each can go through, identify and propose a change/cleaning of the wiki, at some point it may result into a really clean functional one.  Otherwise as time passes by this task will grow and grow as a project.  Next thing we know ls and cat will require a systemd feature/service/daemon to run.

Re: While upgrading rsync

Reply #1
If corresponding to every systemd service, all we have to do is start an openrc service, then do you think a separate wiki is necessary? Is there anything other than that replacement that is necessary once the Artix devs strip systemd off of packages?

Re: While upgrading rsync

Reply #2
We'll need separate articles only for specific components like openrc, elogind etc. Also some more, cleaned of systemd-specific cruft.
I've been setting up and testing a wiki these past few days, expect a launch till next weekend if my time permits.

Wiki admin volunteers, apply within. Or I'm calling you-know-who!