Skip to main content
Topic: Compositors (Read 2402 times) previous topic - next topic

Compositors

Hello,
I have migrated from Archbang. After an system update I did I have this problem: with each compositor (compiz, xfce, compton) the cpu and ram go up high. It's my problem or Artix bug?
Thanks.

Re: Compositors

Reply #3
from archbang I have extra/wayland installed, can it be the cause?

Reply #4
from archbang I have extra/wayland installed, can it be the cause?

You mean that you have archbang repositories enabled in your pacman.conf?
Artix offers wayland from arch and also wayland-protocols, qt5-wayland and xorg-server-xwayland custom packages in our world repo, why are you using archbang ones?

Reply #5
I am a little confused on the issue as I tried archbang briefly and quit.  Recently arch-bang switched its system repositories to artix but kept some of its own and the rest from arch, right?  So what constitutes a true arch-bang and what a switch to artix seems blurry (to me anyway). 

Reply #6
Sorry for my little english…
I have installed archbang with arch-openrc, arch-nosystemd repositories , I have used artix guide migration to reach this point.
[extra] is Arch repository conserved during migration, now I have system, world, galaxy, extra, community repositories.

Reply #7
the cpu jump to 100 % also when I play videos on VLC and Smplayer
 ::)

Reply #8
In my opinion, the cpu also cares for the work of the gpu that does nothing…

Reply #9
Do you have the relevant xf86-video-* packages? I don't think it is necessary anymore, due to KMS, and Arch doesn't put it by default, but I think Manjaro did. So maybe try it?

Reply #10
I have reinstalled xf86-video-ati for driver radeon