Skip to main content
Topic: Failed to mount iPhone (Read 800 times) previous topic - next topic

Failed to mount iPhone

Hi, I'm recently migrated directly from Arch to Artix Runit. Everything works fine except anything that uses libimobiledevice. 

Is there any way to fix this problem? I've tried executing usbmuxd before pairing the iPhone because AFAIK usbmuxd is started by udev on systemd but it doesn't work. On Void, libimobiledevice just works fine (bootra1n).

Do I need to install the git version from the AUR to solve this? I appreciate answers from this community  :)
=> Neo64YT

Re: Failed to mount iPhone

Reply #1
Did you find any solution related to this problem? Even I am facing the same issue after moving from Arch Linux.

Re: Failed to mount iPhone

Reply #2
Did you find any solution related to this problem? Even I am facing the same issue after moving from Arch Linux.

As I don't use an iPhone anymore, I don't know if my solution is still relevant. But creating a custom service script for usbmuxd did the trick for me (sometimes usbmuxd wasn't started though).

If you use runit, create a folder named "usbmuxd" in /etc/runit/sv. Then, create a file named "run" inside the recently created "usbmuxd" folder. Paste these lines inside the "run" file:

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh -e
exec /usr/bin/usbmuxd --user usbmux --udev

Don't forget to make the "run" file executable.  Lastly, enable the usbmuxd service just like how you enable other services.

I don't know how to create custom service scripts for other init systems though. Hopefully this solves your issue :)
=> Neo64YT