Skip to main content
Topic: 5 year anniversary is coming up (Read 2892 times) previous topic - next topic

5 year anniversary is coming up

If I am not mistaken, Artix is approaching its 5th anniversary.   We should celebrate because it is a HUGE accomplishment for the developers team.  And it has grown with lots of working images that make EFI installation straight forward.  It is a huge leap.  We should celebrate (but not on zoom)...

Re: 5 year anniversary is coming up

Reply #1
Well, it's actually in August, but we should start preparing nevertheless.

Code: [Select]
hyperion:[nous]:~% whois artixlinux.org | grep Creation
Creation Date: 2017-08-04T22:30:30Z

Reply #2
We can meet in Amsterdam for a beer :)

Reply #3
Well, it's actually in August, but we should start preparing nevertheless.

Code: [Select]
hyperion:[nous]:~% whois artixlinux.org | grep Creation
Creation Date: 2017-08-04T22:30:30Z
I have our first iso from july, and our original irc chats when we all got together to make artix. I forget what day it was, will check tonight.
Chris Cromer

Reply #4
Just checked, Artix was born on July 17th 2017. That is when the first ISO was released to the public. This was before we had artixlinux.org, we were using sourceforge to distribute our ISO and packages.
Chris Cromer

Reply #5
Hats off to the devs for such an great system! Artix has been superb, moved my laptop to Artix in 2017 after Majaro OpenRC was sunset. Keep up the awesome work everyone!

Reply #6
If I am not mistaken, Artix is approaching its 5th anniversary.   We should celebrate because it is a HUGE accomplishment for the developers team.  And it has grown with lots of working images that make EFI installation straight forward.  It is a huge leap.  We should celebrate (but not on zoom)...

Congratulations to the whole team!
I register for the party.  :D

Reply #7
We can meet in Amsterdam for a beer :)

I don't see how that is possible, there is no way to get there without subjecting oneself to utter madness.
Healthy people cannot travel atm.

Reply #8
Just checked, Artix was born on July 17th 2017. That is when the first ISO was released to the public. This was before we had artixlinux.org, we were using sourceforge to distribute our ISO and packages.
So, 17/7/17? Nice triplet we got there! We're destined to dominate the world.

Reply #13
Just to push the fact that archlinux is behind, I am also pushing some python modules that are more up to date than on Arch recently. I, of course, flag them so that they also know it.

Reply #14
Just remember that we are unsecure because we are outdated according to foxmorron