Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] two problems after Artix install (Read 4317 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: two problems after install artix

Reply #15
But I can confirm that in my experience on this particular laptop, the problem only existed on openrc and the dinit variant behave perfectly in both the live form and the install.
I didn't have the opportunity to extensively test dinit yet, but if that is the case then it must be related to NetworkManager not being allowed to manage the hostname.

Reply #17
Could also try
Code: [Select]
$ rfkill
$ iw dev
$ ip link show
but that would only be for a wifi problem. Setting / changing the hostname might help too? That's caused weird errors before.

I've changed the hostname about 12 hours ago.

[smjt2000@Enriquette ~]$ rfkill
ID TYPE      DEVICE              SOFT      HARD
 2 wlan      dell-wifi      unblocked unblocked
 3 bluetooth dell-bluetooth   blocked unblocked
 4 nfc       nfc0           unblocked unblocked
 5 wlan      phy0           unblocked unblocked

[smjt2000@Enriquette ~]$ iw dev
phy#0
        Unnamed/non-netdev interface
                wdev 0x2
                addr 80:19:34:52:d2:95
                type P2P-device
                txpower 0.00 dBm
        Interface wlan0
                ifindex 3
                wdev 0x1
                addr 80:19:34:52:d2:94
                type managed
                txpower 0.00 dBm
                multicast TXQ:
                        qsz-byt qsz-pkt flows   drops   marks   overlmt hashcol tx-bytes        tx-packets
                        0       0       0       0       0       0       0       0               0

[smjt2000@Enriquette ~]$ ip link show
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: eth0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,DYNAMIC,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 34:e6:d7:0b:29:ff brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,DYNAMIC,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 80:19:34:52:d2:94 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
4: usb0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,DYNAMIC,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 16:68:b0:00:60:4d brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Reply #18
The screen locker is broken and unlocking is not possible anymore.
In order to unlock switch to a virtual terminal (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+F2),log in and execute the command:
loginctl unlock-session 1
Then log out virtual session by pressing Ctrl+D, and switch back to the running session (Ctrl+Alt+F7)

I got this error again when laptop went to sleep.

Reply #20
I'm using KDE plasma with SDDM.

this problem is not very important, it's just about 5 seconds, but it's good to fix that.(thanks for your answers)

this problems are more annoying:
wifi connection
apps won't open after a time ( I think it's because my phone is connected to laptop )

<again; I'm not good in English>

Reply #23
apps won't open and I tried to open dolphin from terminal,  this is error I got:

Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyqt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :0
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

Aborted

UPDATE:
now I got this error when I updated my .bashrc
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyxprop:  unable to open display ':0'

just added this lines
source /etc/profile.d/undistract-me.sh

dj-source()
{
        wd=$(pwd)
        if test -d $wd/venv ; then
                FILE=$wd/venv/bin/activate
                source $FILE
        elif test -d $wd/../venv ; then
                FILE=$wd/../venv/bin/activate
                source $FILE
        fi
}

Reply #24
No one can help me??

Reply #26
I have Qtile and when I'm using it I can open any app that I want and there is no problem.
just I can't connect to wifi.

Reply #27
Regarding Wifi: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Network_configuration/Wireless

UPDATE:
now I got this error when I updated my .bashrc
just added this lines
source /etc/profile.d/undistract-me.sh
Refer to whereever you got this code from. If you don't know what strange scripts do, then don't use them.

Reply #28
Refer to whereever you got this code from. If you don't know what strange scripts do, then don't use them.

I had Manjaro and this script working on it, this script send a notification if any command spent more than 10 seconds and you are not focused on the terminal.(maybe you know that). but this script not working on Artix.

Reply #29
I had Manjaro and this script working on it, this script send a notification if any command spent more than 10 seconds and you are not focused on the terminal.(maybe you know that). but this script not working on Artix.
I am not familiar with this script. If it depends on systemd and can't be satisfied with elogind, it doesn't work on Artix.