Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Problem with Qt after the last update (Cannot mix incompatible Qt library) (Read 3027 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Problem with Qt after the last update (Cannot mix incompatible Qt library)

Reply #16
It usually takes one to two hours after the package has been built for it to be propagated to mirrors.

Oh, ok, I will wait a little bit more then
Thank you.

Reply #17
This was caused by using qt5-styleplugins. If you happen to use that library (it is set as an environment variable somewhere), it gets loaded anytime you launch a QT application. It was missed during the qt5-base upgrade which is why this happened. I have already rebuilt it against the new qt5-base, so once the mirrors propagate that should fix this issue for good.

Reply #18
This was caused by using qt5-styleplugins. If you happen to use that library (it is set as an environment variable somewhere), it gets loaded anytime you launch a QT application. It was missed during the qt5-base upgrade which is why this happened. I have already rebuilt it against the new qt5-base, so once the mirrors propagate that should fix this issue for good.
Spot on!
qt5-styleplugins was the problem.
I already upgraded and everything Qt dependent is working great again.
Thank you very, very much. This thing was driving me nuts  :'(

PS:
Unrelated to this (or maybe not), when I updated, I saw a problem with the "expat" package:
warning: expat: local (2.4.7-1) is newer than system (2.4.6-1)
Is this problem related to the Qt one?

Reply #19

I've been upgraded now. My session boots normally. Thank you!
i3-3210 / 10GB / VGA Intel HD 2500 / SSD 240GB /  / Kernel 6.6.32 / KDE 5.116 / Plasma 5.27.11 / Ungoogled-Chromium