Skip to main content
Topic: Manjaro/Artix where are spanish peoples? (Read 5576 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Manjaro/Artix where are spanish peoples?

Reply #15
RIght now we have a nice mix of Spanish dialects just among the key members of artix.
Your Spanish is Latin American.
Mine is Spanish as a second language, I have lived in Chile for 7 years, so I speak "Latin American/Chilean/Broken Gringo" Spanish.
Our other dev, damnwidget speaks Spanish from Spain.

But in my opinion it is not that important which Spanish. Even in English we have English US, English GB, English AU, etc. However we treat all the different variations of English the same, we don't have forums here for a specific English, nor do we tell somebody to please speak in a certain English dialect.
That is true but can lead to misunderstandings,
So you lived in Chile for a while long term enemy of Peru border wise so they tell me, been very quiet on that front of late lets hope it stays that way. Chile is the other end of Peru I live in the Andes mountains not to far from Ecuador my wife teaches British English in the local schools here. She is Peruvian and learned English in the UK when she met me.

Reply #16
That is true but can lead to misunderstandings,
So you lived in Chile for a while long term enemy of Peru border wise so they tell me, been very quiet on that front of late lets hope it stays that way. Chile is the other end of Peru I live in the Andes mountains not to far from Ecuador my wife teaches British English in the local schools here. She is Peruvian and learned English in the UK when she met me.
I live south of the capital in the VIII region in Concepción. I have always heard that Peru and Chile on the border are enemies. But I must say, Peruvian Pisco Sour is better. ;) I do love Peruvian food as well. Me and my wife(Chilean) hope to visit Peru on vacation sometime in the future. I taught english here in Chile for a couple of years which is how I met my wife.
Chris Cromer

Reply #17
I live south of the capital in the VIII region in Concepción. I have always heard that Peru and Chile on the border are enemies. But I must say, Peruvian Pisco Sour is better. ;) I do love Peruvian food as well. Me and my wife(Chilean) hope to visit Peru on vacation sometime in the future. I taught english here in Chile for a couple of years which is how I met my wife.
Peruvian Pisco Sour  most definitely is the best and Peruvian food what can I say the same dish is a different taste in every village. The people are the most friendly people in our village Leymebamba that I have ever met,
But back to language don't get me wrong nothing against others its just a personal opinion. In fact when I went to school over 60 years ago the 2nd Language in the UK was French and Latin the later was compulsory could never get my head around Latin mind you.  

Reply #18

I had a good laugh when I read that. Fyi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catatonia

Probably you meant, Spanish from catalonia, but their Spanish is same Spanish that we speak in the rest of the country, said that, they also have their own language called Catalonian and is nothing like Spanish.

Reply #19
Are they not part of Spain wanting to leave.

Reply #21

I want a Morse code forum. lol

Though seriously, some Chinese and/or a miscellaneous language forum(why isn't this a thing?) would be awesome. (Chinese, Japanese, German, French, English, and sometimes Russian tend to have the most tinkers in my, albiet limited, experience.)

Reply #22
1st nothing is up to me its up-to Artix. we are just users nothing more we can't make demands its not our distro.
 Remember the devs all speak English and come from different countries,
so in my opinion over many years its best to speak in one language then their are no translation problems.
God their are enough translation problems between English UK, and English US. My friend praised me using a US
phrase and then it was pointed out the phrase meant basically "ignorant bar####d in UK English. 

way out ==>

Reply #23
RIght now we have a nice mix of Spanish dialects just among the key members of artix.
Your Spanish is Latin American.
Mine is Spanish as a second language, I have lived in Chile for 7 years, so I speak "Latin American/Chilean/Broken Gringo" Spanish.
Our other dev, damnwidget speaks Spanish from Spain.

But in my opinion it is not that important which Spanish. Even in English we have English US, English GB, English AU, etc. However we treat all the different variations of English the same, we don't have forums here for a specific English, nor do we tell somebody to please speak in a certain English dialect.

Nearly all English is understandable to English speakers except for the Brittish.  I don't know what they speak in London, but it is not English.  In Amsterdam, there they speak decent English.  I can talk with Assies, Jamacians, Bangalis, Indians, Dutch, Canadians,  the Irish  .... everyone but the English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4&ytbChannel=savonna%20lessley

Reply #24
Well that was Scotish accent, and Irish accent is not much better

https://youtu.be/Omtfe7lb-gE?t=26

You can understand south London accent (typical British accent) when you realize they don't pronounce 90% of the words endings and they use the schwa phonetics for practically every single word.

Reply #25

Nearly all English is understandable to English speakers except for the Brittish.  I don't know what they speak in London, but it is not English.  In Amsterdam, there they speak decent English.  I can talk with Assies, Jamacians, Bangalis, Indians, Dutch, Canadians,  the Irish  .... everyone but the English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4&ytbChannel=savonna%20lessley

Don't worry i'm British and have difficulty understanding some English dialogues  as they use their own regional words Birmingham ,Liverpool, Newcastle, Cornwall, London, Scotland are all very different dialogues  I have difficulty with after 60 year i gave up and moved to Peru. As they say in Devon "I sa no bout then"  meaning I have nothing more to say.

Reply #26
If enough (i.e. >5 people) request a native language subforum, we'll be more than glad to create it.

Reply #29
Don't worry i'm British and have difficulty understanding some English dialogues  as they use their own regional words Birmingham ,Liverpool, Newcastle, Cornwall, London, Scotland are all very different dialogues  I have difficulty with after 60 year i gave up and moved to Peru. As they say in Devon "I sa no bout then"  meaning I have nothing more to say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qz9a72ljyM&ytbChannel=Apple%20Scruff