Skip to main content
Topic: Unable to autostart pipewire (Read 1453 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to autostart pipewire

I have followed what the wiki says about autostarting pipewire, and it has failed to work.
I created a shell script that simply starts pipewire by executing
Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/pipewire &
(I also have it set to run wireplumber and pipewire-pulse when pipewire is started)
and I can run this script and it starts pipewire perfectly fine.
I set this script as a login script in KDE's autostart list, and it doesn't execute at login.
I modified my .xinitrc file to what the wiki states should autostart pipewire but it doesn't, and I have tried variations of code in the .xinitrc, including running my script, but none worked.
I would be grateful for any help

Re: Unable to autostart pipewire

Reply #1
I set this script as a login script in KDE's autostart list, and it doesn't execute at login.

chmod 755 /path/to/your/script.sh

I modified my .xinitrc file to what the wiki states should autostart pipewire but it doesn't,
The wiki "states" the following:
Or add it to your ~/.xinitrc, if you use it:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Xinit
xinit is typically used to start window managers or desktop environments. While you can also use xinit to run GUI applications without a window manager, many graphical applications expect an EWMH compliant window manager. Display managers start Xorg for you and generally source xprofile.

Re: Unable to autostart pipewire

Reply #2
I would like to thank you for the help.
I gave it the correct chmod permissions before hand, though I made the mistake of misinterpreting the wiki in regards to .xinitrc, believing that it was somehow being used.
My solution was to simply create the xprofile file and add
pipewire.sh &
to it. This was an unbelievably simple solution, thank you, I should have searched the forums a bit more meticulously before asking.